Festive After Dinner Mints by Sarah Harris
Sarah from The Cupcake Range has created these simple, easy to follow recipes for making delicious festive mints using our Christmas Embellishments Mould!
Easy Peppermint Creams
- Take some of you favourite fondant (I used Karen Davies fondant which is quite firm), colour mint green, if desired.
- Then knead in a few drops of peppermint extract to taste, taking care not to alter the consistency of the fondant.
- Next, using the Katy Sue Christmas Embellishments mould make lots of shapes and leave to firm up a bit before serving.
- If preferred, just make them white and dust with pearl lustre dust for a shiny finish.
- Melt 100g dark chocolate in a bowl over hot water until melted.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract with 2 tablespoons of demerara sugar and then add this to the chocolate stirring until well combined.
- Place the chocolate mix into a strong plastic bag and snip off a tiny corner to enable you to pipe the chocolate into the Katy Sue Designs Christmas Embellishments mould.
- Use a cocktail stick to ease the chocolate into all areas of the mould and tap the mould onto a hard surface to release any air bubbles.
- Ensure that the chocolate is level with the top of mould and if necessary scrape off any excess with a palette knife.
- Leave to set.
- Any left over chocolate can be re-melted to make more after the first ones have set.
Leave a comment