Katy Sue Designs silicone moulds meet the relevant requirements of the FDA and of the EU Framework: Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
Framework Regulation provides essential requirements for such food contact materials so that they may not transfer substances to food which change the composition, endanger human health and/or change the organoleptic (taste and smell) of food.
Specific migration limits have been set for a range of substances by the competent authorities in various jurisdictions (e.g. the EFSA for the EU, the BfR for Germany) to protect human health and you can view our test results below:
- Test for F.D.A. Regulation on Rubber
- Volatile Organic Matter of Silicone Rubber
- Overall Migration – Aqueous food simulant
- Overall Migration – 95% (v/v) ethanol
- Sensory Evaluation
- Extractable substances of silicone rubber
- Peroxide Residues of Silicone Rubber
- Specific Migration of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Total Lead and Cadmium Content
- Organotin Content