Chocolate Mini Bat Rolls
You will need:
- KSD pumpkin mould
- Chocolate mini rolls
- Dark chocolate or candy melts for the bat wings
- White modelling paste (for the eyes and fangs)
- Black edible ink pen
- Red edible ink pen (optional)
- Paper to make the template for the wings
- Non-stick baking paper
- Edible glue
- Cocktail stick
- Disposable piping bag or plastic bag for piping
- KSD bat mould and some chocolate fondant or chocolate modelling paste to make some smaller bats to decorate (optional)
Draw around the template to make as many wings as you need onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper.
Melt some chocolate and place in the piping bag (if using a plastic bag instead, snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag for the chocolate to pipe through). Pipe around the edge of each wing then fill the inside, neatening with a cocktail stick if needed. Before they are dry, place one mini roll in the centre of each one.
Using the KSD pumpkin mould make lots of different eyes and fangs using white modelling paste.
Colour the centre of the eyes black using an edible marker pen. Add in some blood shot details with a red edible pen if desired.
Sarah Harris, The Cupcake Range