We’re thrilled to share with you a tutorial from the very talented Teri Pringle Wood.
Teri is a decorative artist that started decorating cookies for friends and family. She quickly found herself selling her limited edition cookies and has built up a large online following.
To download Teri’s design click here.
Katy Sue Designs Moulds
- 9 inch oval gingerbread cookie
- Royal Icing, sky blue flood consistency, white piping consistency
- Adjusted Fondant or modelling paste, white
- Edible lustre powder, sky blue, violet, green and brown
- Disco Dust- Snow Sparkle
- Sparkling sugar
- Everclear or Vodka
- Piping bags
- # 1 piping tip
- Small round brush for painting colour
- Dusting brush for adding lustre colour to sky area
- Mark a 1″ border around edge of cookie. Pipe border edge and flood centre with blue flood consistency royal icing. Dry overnight.
- With dusting brush apply blue lustre to top of sky area. Add violet to centre of sky.
- Use modelling paste or fondant strengthened with a little Tylo powder in Season Greetings mould. While fresh from the mould, sprinkle heavily with Disco Dust – Snow Sparkle.
- Mark out design on your cookie. Use a piping bag fitted with #1 tip and piping consistency white icing pipe design. Fill in roofs of buildings, add texture to pine trees and snow areas. Allow to dry.
- Optional – Create a paint with lustre colours by adding a few drops of everclear or vodka then paint desired colours on trees and fence. Leave to dry.
- Working in small areas pipe additional snow texture to buildings, trees and snow, while icing is still wet sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Pipe snowflake border with white royal icing. Then once dry, sprinkle entire cookie with Disco Dust – Snow Sparkle.
Use cornflour or vegetable fat in the mould first to aid the release.