The very talented Julie from Julies Cake in a Box shared with us in easy to follow steps how to create this stunning ‘Best Wishes’ cake using the Petite fleur Oval Plaque!
- 4” round, double height sponge cake
- Chocolate ganache
- Pale green sugar paste
- Small amounts of white, dark green, pink and purple sugar paste treated with tylose powder (or flower/modelling paste)
- Tylose powder
- Edible glue
- 4” cake card
- 6” cake card
- Small and large rolling pins
Katy Sue Designs Moulds:
- Petite Fleur Oval Plaque Mould
- Rose Medley Mould
- Word Perfect Birthday Set Mould
- Serrated Rope Borders Mould
1. Torte and fill the sponge cake with buttercream and then cover with ganache, leaving overnight to firm.
2. Cover cake with pale green sugar.
3. Add tylose powder to remaining pale green paste and use Rope Border Mould to make a trim for the bottom edge of the cake. Attach with edible glue.
4. Use the dark green, pink and purple pastes to fill the various areas of leaves/flowers and border in the Petite Fleur Oval Plaque Mould, then fill the remaining area with white. Remove from mould and attach to side of cake whilst still soft with edible glue.
5. Use purple paste with the Word Perfect Birthday Set mould to make the ‘Best Wishes’ greeting. Attach to plaque with edible glue.
6. Make rose swags with the Rose Medley Mould and attach around the top edge of the cake to finish.