Sarah from The Cupcake Range has created these simple, easy to follow recipes for making delicious festive mints using our Christmas Embellishments Mould!
Easy Peppermint Creams
- Take some of you favourite fondant (I used Karen Davies fondant which is quite firm), colour mint green, if desired.
- Then knead in a few drops of peppermint extract to taste, taking care not to alter the consistency of the fondant.
- Next, using the Katy Sue Christmas Embellishments mould make lots of shapes and leave to firm up a bit before serving.
- If preferred, just make them white and dust with pearl lustre dust for a shiny finish.
- Melt 100g dark chocolate in a bowl over hot water until melted.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract with 2 tablespoons of demerara sugar and then add this to the chocolate stirring until well combined.
- Place the chocolate mix into a strong plastic bag and snip off a tiny corner to enable you to pipe the chocolate into the Katy Sue Designs Christmas Embellishments mould.
- Use a cocktail stick to ease the chocolate into all areas of the mould and tap the mould onto a hard surface to release any air bubbles.
- Ensure that the chocolate is level with the top of mould and if necessary scrape off any excess with a palette knife.
- Leave to set.
- Any left over chocolate can be re-melted to make more after the first ones have set.