Job Opportunity - Finance and Planning Manager
We're currently looking for a Katy Sue Designs Finance and Planning Manager. This is a newly created role that requires a forward-thinking person to join our senior management team.
Katy Sue is a manufacturer and retailer of award winning creative products to the cake decorating and arts and crafts markets. With operations in the UK and USA and exporting to 50+ countries. We are based in South Shields within walking distance of the Metro, with R+D, manufacturing, offices, graphics and TV studio in four buildings on one site.
Having grown rapidly by acquisition over the past 18 months, adding 2 new product areas and 3 new web sites, we are now seeking a forward thinking person to join our senior management team. In this newly created role you will be responsible for managing the finance team and personally responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring production plans and stock control.
You will be creating production plans and managing the existing supply chain to ensure deadlines continue to be met in a fast paced environment.
Currently working with Excel and Sage Line 50, you will identify and implement improvements and new systems to the finance, sales, inventory and operations planning processes. Systems will align to the sales forecast with operations optimising the inventory levels in line with our 5 Star rated customer service level.
Working as head of the Finance function and alongside peers in Production and Sales while reporting to the CEO.
Salary dependant on experience.
Min experience 3-5 years in a similar role.
Responsible for management of the finance function
- Ensure the existing finance function operates smoothly and meets all deadlines.
- Review monthly management accounts and prepare management information for the board.
- Responsible for cash flow reporting and general business trading forecasts.
- Work with the CEO to manage external stakeholders such as banks and other funders.
Responsible for managing and developing the SIOP process within the business.
- Collaborating with Sales, Suppliers and Production to develop and maintain schedules, production and ordering plans
- Plan the execution of all orders going through the business, coordinating with Production Manager to agree resource requirements and delivery deadlines.
- Assess the capability of meeting changing customer requirements and take corrective action if the schedules are slipping.
Responsible for stock management and material demand planning.
- Identify and implement systems and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement balancing customer service, inventory, and plant efficiencies
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and minimum stock levels
Responsible for the preparation of the just in time production plan for our range of products.
- Creating daily/weekly plans determined by customer orders and capacities.
- Working closely with our Production Manager to improve scheduling tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
Responsible for the Bill of Materials creation for new product development
- Coordinate materials and scheduling requirements for new product launches, including creation of new BOMs
- Lead cross departmental daily planning meetings to check milestones, establish priorities, identify problem areas, and recommend corrective action.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Min 5 years finance experience
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive mind
- Practical and hands on at times – We are small with big ambitions.
- Great communicator and motivator of people
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of Sage Software
Please send a CV and covering letter to Neil Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June 2020.